Study Room Booking
You must register each academic year at the Library Information Desk to access this service.
Rules in Brief
- Each user is allowed to book a maximum of 2 hours in a calendar week (Sunday – Saturday).
- Only current SAIT students can use room booking.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, the room becomes available for other users.
- Room use that does not comply with Library policies will be cancelled.
- It is your responsibility to manage bookings and inform colleagues.
- Activity is monitored by security cameras for the safety of users and staff and the protection of SAIT property.
See “Study Rooms” on the Library Policies page for the full policy.
Features of Study Rooms
All our study rooms offer basic facilities for group or individual study. Rooms 1-4 are on Level-1 and Rooms 5-8 are on Level-0. Each room has:
- tables and chairs,
- a computer and large screen monitor,
- DVD and VHS players,
- additional electrical outlets and network ports for laptops,
- video and audio cables to connect a laptop computer to the wall-mounted monitor,
- and a white board (pens and erasers are available from the Information Desk).
Study rooms are not sound proof, so users are asked to respect the needs of fellow students and keep noise to a moderate level. Level-0 is designated as a quiet study area. Please keep conversation to a minimum when traveling to and from these rooms.
Remember, all library policies still apply within the study rooms.
Booking a Study Room
If you have not already done so, you must register for room booking at the Library Information Desk.
- Go to the Study Room Booking page.
- Use the “Show Another Day” drop down menu to select the date for your booking.
- Any block that says “Reserve” is available for booking. Click on the start time under the room you want.
- From the top drop down menu select the length of your booking.
- Enter your Student ID# and Library PIN in the fields provided.
TIP: If you changed your PIN (using My Library Account) after registering, you must still use the original PIN for room bookings.
- Click “Confirm Reservation”.
NOTE: At the beginning of July the library deletes our list of registered users. You will have to register for this service each year.
Cancel an Existing Booking
If you decide you don't need a booking you can cancel it anytime prior to the start of the booking period. Cancelling a booking will credit those hours back to you for later use.
To cancel a booking, click on the small blue “x” next to your name on the Study Room Booking page and follow the prompts.