The Library has 3 multifunction printers, two on Level-1 and one on Level-0.
These printers default to black and white, double-sided printing. You can change these setting in the print dialogue on your device.
Page sizes available are:
- Letter (8 1/2" x 11")
- Legal (8 1/2" x 14")
- Tabloid (11" x 14")
Charges per page are:
- $0.10 / page for black and white (greyscale)
- $0.50 / page for colour
A "page" being one side of a sheet of paper.
Printing and copying is paid for using a cash card available from the Library's Information Desk.
The copier on the east wall of Level-1 will also accept coins, for copying only.
Library Cash Card
A Cash Card is required for printing in the Library.
We are not part of the print quota system used in the computer labs. Students may print from their quota at the Aldred Centre Lab in CA200 or in any classroom/department labs they can access.
The Library's cash card may also be used for photocopying at the Level-1 printers.
Cards can be purchased, with cash, at dispensers on Level-1 of the library. If you don't have cash, pre-loaded cards can be purchased using debit or credit at the Information Desk.
The cash cards have a $1.00 deposit value. Empty cards can be returned at the Information Desk. We cannot, however, refund any remaining printing value on your card. Cards do not expire and may be reloaded using cash at the card dispensers on Level-1 of the Library.
Printing in the Library
Library workstations will default to the black and white printer for your area. Select a colour printer, if needed.
Check this guide if you need to set up a library printer on your laptop.
- Insert your cash card into the card reader, printed side up and arrows pointing in.
- Enter the username of the computer from which you are printing, usually either:
- Student ID# without the leading zeros
- Guest computer number (eg. LIB004)
- Select the documents you want to print or Select All to print all jobs at once.
- Click Print Selected Jobs.
- Remove your cash card from the card reader.